BusinessObjects Board

default values in prompts

I have 10 values in lov and when I set a prompt I want to set it to 5 default values. The other values can be selected by viewing values and selecting them. How do I do it. Or in simpler words, how do I set default values (not value) in prompts? I’m using WebClient 6.1a.

tendulkar :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-15)

To get default (or prefilled) prompt values, you’ll need to run the report once prior to publishing. Only filling in 5 of the 10 prompt boxes might be a problem.

Checkout this discussion for some more ideas

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Chris,
Is it possible to have prompts default to current month? In other words my selection criteria would include, “Please select Month” with the CURRENT month listed first in the drop down—this would save the end user time to have to scroll through all months. What I don’t want to have to do is open all of my reports once a month, save, and then republish with the current month. Here’s the macro I’m using.

Private Sub Document_BeforeSave(Cancel As Boolean)
ThisDocument.Variables(“1. Please Select a Closed Year to View”).Value = DatePart(“yyyy”, Date)
ThisDocument.Variables(“2. Please Select a Closed Month to View”).Value = MonthName(DatePart(“m”, Date))
ThisDocument.Variables(“Please Select a Loan Officer Store to View (Type ALL to Return all Stores)”).Value = “ALL”
End Sub

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

brennen_05 (BOB member since 2004-12-15)

Two initial thoughts:
:arrow_forward: Sort the LOV descending. Is the current month the greatest month on your table? Is there a way to change the table or lov so it is?
:arrow_forward: This sounds similar to adding an “(ALL)” prompt to a LOV, where “(ALL)” is the first item in the LOV. Start HERE for the syntax.

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

There’s the flaw. The question was posted in the Reporter forum, but asks about Webi. You can’t use VBA code in Webi documents.

We don’t use Webi, but I thought there was a way to have default prompts in Webi? Maybe that’s only in 6.5?

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)