BusinessObjects Board

Deciphering error code 0x800706be

Hi all,

Due slow IT-support within our own organisation :hb: , I turn you all once again. :smiley:

I have a report with 10 queries, each are well within the “max duration” limit, they work well when run individually, but when I send the report to BroadCast Agent, the report always fails to run. Looking at the ‘console’, I find this message:

Error Code = 0x800706be, Error Message = 'The remote procedure call failed.', WCode = 0x00000000, Description = '(null)'

Anyone happen to know what this means and could assist me decipher this error message?

Thanks,
plexi :smiley:

pleximax :norway: (BOB member since 2004-08-20)

Do you have any VBA code in the document? If yes, try removing the VBA code and see if it then runs on BCA. That would eliminate any problems with the document itself.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne,

Thanks for your reply. :smiley:

No, there’s no VBA-codes or any macros added. I have adjusted the SQL and locked it so that the 10 queries give me the information I need, but all queries run well if ran individually, so I would expect the entire report to run correctly as well? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
plexi :wave:

We also are receiving this error in BCA on queries that run fine locally and even run in BCA most of the time, then out of nowhere, they start failing with this error. (We’ve currently upgrade to 6.5 SP2.) The only thing changed would have been a date range or maybe a different provider number in the filter criteria. As mentioned above, there’s no VBA code or macros added. Since I don’t see any responses after 2004, I was wondering if anyone may now know what this error means?

Thanks,
Carrie

crollings (BOB member since 2006-01-19)

Hi there,

It’s a while ago since we found a fix for this, but I believe what we did was to change some parameters in BCA. I believe the parameter is called “Batch processes timeout”, where default is 60 mins. Increasing this may help.

Another thing to look for, for the reports which produce the report, in the console, count number of minutes between the time the report started refreshing on BCA and the time when it ended and produced the error. On our old BCA server, I saw a pattern…the time count from start time to end time was 60-61 minutes every time. That’s how I found out that it may be a setting issue in BCA and hence notified our BCA admin (who actually was not aware of this setting :nonod: )

BTW, the above was in 5.1.8, so it could be something else in your version.

Hope the above is of help to you.

Thanks,
plexi :sunglasses:

Moved to BCA forum. I spent about 1 second searching and found this FAQ…

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)