BusinessObjects Board

datepart(yyyy, getdate()) - Parse error.

Hello I inherited a Universe which I need to update to utilize a tables from kernel Universe. So I linked the universe and added the tables and joins. I am on XIR2 SP2. I am also new to Universe designing in general.

I linked the universes then I get the following parse errors for an object called ‘Current Year’ It is a dimension of type number - same as before

Parse Failed: Exception: DBD, [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server]: Line 1: Incorrect Syntaxt near ‘From’. State 42000

The select portion of the object is:

datepart(yyyy, getdate())

The same object parses fine on the unlinked copy of the Universe I kept for safe measure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rosalinda

Rosalinda9 (BOB member since 2007-08-16)

Hi, Welcome to B:bob:B!

Most objects that use the database functions for system dates (like the getdate() function does) do not parse because they don’t reference a table. If you use that object with at least one other object it will process in the query fine.

There is a FAQ entry here, and that one links to another FAQ entry as well. Both of them would probably be interesting reading for you. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thank you very much your explanation and the reference to FAQs. This makes more sense to me now and I won’t worry about the parse errors. :smiley:

Rosalinda9 (BOB member since 2007-08-16)