BusinessObjects Board

Date Prompt in Webi Calendar.

Can we format the date so that the 12:00:00 AM doesn’t appear after you select a date from calendar in Prompts?

Is there any setting to do that?? Please help

anair_bo :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-05)

Once you define date should be enter from calendar then 12:00:00 will not display. Do you think webi calendar is showing 12:00:00 together with date? I have not seen webi calendar date with 12:00:00

Philip (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

Sorry I didn’t get you. The report is working fine.

The only thing is , in the DATE prompts when user selects a date from calender it shows like “08/20/2008 12:00:00 AM” .
Can we truncate the timestamp and show it as “08/20/2008” in the prompt itself?

I am adding the screenshot.
Dates.doc (110.0 KB)

I’m sure there is a way.
Is this a report prompt or a universe prompt.

rnola (BOB member since 2006-03-26)

Its a report prompt. I would love to know if we can do this for universe prompts as well.

Hi All

I am also facing the same situation

Any luck?

Thanks
Anusha

Asmitha :uk: (BOB member since 2008-06-06)

Hi ,

Could you please let me know how could you get this “Date Calender” displayed in your infoview? What did you do in report or universe to get this calender displayed??

CA_BO (BOB member since 2008-06-10)

Hi ,

Could you please let me know how could you get this “Date Calender” displayed in your infoview? What did you do in report or universe to get this calender displayed??

Hi ,

use Left(UserResponse ( “xDate”);10)

where xDate is the Prompt statement and assuming the date format is 10 digit (before time part). “dd/MM/yyyy” or “MM/dd/yyyy” etc…

ERE (BOB member since 2008-06-04)

To put it simply - you can’t remove timestamps from date LoV’s. If you plough through multiple historical questions on this forum you will find that there isn’t a solution to this, TRIM, LEFT…10, TRUNC. None of these work for LoV’s, so don’t spend any more time trying to get them to work. Yes it should be simple and it should be achievable, but it isn’t.

There is also FAQ on the Designer Forum

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

For LOVs, You can create a new string type object(SDate) in designer as
convert(char,TIME.Adate,103) and put this object in LOV definition. In your reports you don’t need to use SDate even you could hide it.

TIME.Adate = @Prompt(‘Enter a Date’,‘D’,‘TIME\SDate’,mono,free)

TIME.Adate is Datetime
(TIME is a table in database)

Sdate is string

TIME\SDate -> Class name=TIME, SDate is the object

Hope this helps…
Erkut

And you have this working for LoV’s?

There is a similar recent post here

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

It works… No need to use SDate except LOV definition. In reports, keep using Adate which is in datetime data type…

RGeurts’ response in this thread worked for me at the Reporting level.

Jeanne Mackey :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-17)