BusinessObjects Board

Date Prompt Format

Hi,
I have a date prompt(BO 6.5.2).

When I selects the date from Calender, it shows me time part also.

I don’t want this time part to be shown in the prompt.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance
Sachin

sachineb :uk: (BOB member since 2006-05-30)

We can remove the time part by converting the date to a char.

Bond_in (BOB member since 2005-05-13)

Other ways include changing the display format in Designer.

When you say Calendar do you mean a LOV or a program script ?
If it is a LOV then you can format that explicitely. I guess the same is true for a script but I never worked with it.

KMB :uk: (BOB member since 2004-02-11)

Can you please explain how you can change it in the universe? we dont want to display the time in the date prompt, nor do we want to change the date to char. is there any other work around for this?

jannu2k (BOB member since 2007-01-12)

Every object in the universe can be formatted in two ways.

Way 1:
In the Select section of the Object properties you write the SQL statement as you would normally against your database. You have all supported functions of your database at your disposal to format.
For example using dateadd(dd,0,datediff(dd,0,)) using MS SQL delivers only the date part of a datetime variable.

Way 2:
Alternatively it is possible to set a default format using Object format. In there you then select a specific format you like. This will work for display functionality in Reporter (or deskI) only.
It won’t work for LOV or prompts.

If you require the “date” to be displayed from a LOV as selection of a prompt then the only way is to create a character string out of the date variable (preferably as an additional object).

Keep in mind that a prompt is a string anyway that might need converting to date format before comparing it to variables.

KMB :uk: (BOB member since 2004-02-11)

Hi,
following thread might help you.

https://bobj-board.org/t/62315

Thanks,

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

Guptha, I already read the post and tried it. this doesn’t work in WebI. Any suggestion for WebI people?

jannu2k (BOB member since 2007-01-12)