BusinessObjects Board

Date Format in Prompts

Hi All,

I am facing a unique problem on Date Column wherein the the HH:MM:SS is getting appended to the Date in DD-MM-YY Column. I see Object values in the universe correctly but in the prompt I see it appended with HH:MM:SS as DD-MM-YYYY 12:00:00 AM. Do we have a resoultion to avoid this? I am not able to do solve this.

Regards,
Kapil Uppal

kapiluppal :india: (BOB member since 2006-06-15)

Hi,

This is a common problem that I too face. I haven’t figured out the exact reason why it occurs, however there are a couple of things that you can try to help eleviate the issue.

1.Use a character dimension that substrings the first 10 char of a date. (You won’t be shown the calendar in Infoview though if you do this)
2.Check your PRM file for you database and remove the timestamp portion of the display date. (This will effect all reports, not just the ones you want to change)
3.Change the definition of the column in the database to not include the timestamp.
4.Trunc the DB column at the universe. This will give you a date and timestamp, but the timestamp will always be 12:00AM

Not an actual answer, but at least this gives you something to look into.

plessiusa :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-22)

CAST(CAST(YEAR(Request.RequestDate) AS VARCHAR(4)) + ‘/’ +
CAST(MONTH(Request.RequestDate) AS VARCHAR(2)) + ‘/’ +
CAST(DAY(Request.RequestDate) AS VARCHAR(2)) AS DATETIME)

try this in univ. IT WORKS !!!

rnola (BOB member since 2006-03-26)

Hi rnola,

This is specific to SQL Server, but the problem also exists for Oracle.

That is just the way it works.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks Dave, that explains a lot. Maybe something for BO to fix properly in the future.