BusinessObjects Board

DataServices 12.0

Is DataServices 12.0 64 bit version ?

What is the maximum memory that you can allocate to Job Server in DataServices 12.0?

Thanks

prof_shri (BOB member since 2009-04-21)

HP, Solaris, AIX are 64bit
Windows and Linux as 32bit applications in 12.1

The maximum memory is hard to answer as there are many options. In the simplest method, one dataflow is one process and hence can grow up to 2GB of memory. If the jobserver runs 10 dataflows in parallel, each can have 2GB. But you can also check the “execute in separate process” flag at various places and then the dataflow itself is split into two processes, e.g. reader plus lookup is one process with 2GB memory and TC plus loader another with 2GB of memory availalbe.
Further more, with pageable_cache you can simply overflow cached rows to disk and hence cache more data than physical memory is available, even in a 64bit system this makes sense as OS paging is not row orientated and takes longer hence.

And finally, all caching takes time. Time to build the cache while the dataflow has to wait until this is done. If the amount of data cached is small, I don’t complain. But if you are caching more than 2GB of data I wonder if a better flow design would be possible.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

I installed Data Services 3.1 on a windows64bit server and it did not complain and installed. Management console did not deploy and i had to unstall it. Will it actually work???

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Yes, windows 64 bit is fully supported (and customers using it). The application is still 32bit, but that’s fine for windows 64bit.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Sticky topic created:

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)