BusinessObjects Board

Dataproviders Execution Sequence - Full Client Report

Hi to Everyone,

I got a Full Client report (Version: 5.1.4) which has 12 data providers. I want to change the sequence of these queries execution from database. One of the data provider got Stored Procedure as data source and I want that to execute first since other data provider results are based on this stored proc execution. I guess BO executes queries order in which it has been created. How to control over the sequence ? And I don’t want to use VBA for this.

I really appreciate ur valuable help on this. Thanks !

rangman (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

I’d also be curious to know if there’s any way of re-ordering queries as I’ve built a report with a lot of data providers and now I need to add a query that executes first. I really don’t want to have to rebuild the whole report just to get the query in first and the copy DP utility won’t help in this instance.

norty303 :uk: (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

You are correct that queries are executed in the order created. There is no generic function to change that order. Since you’ve eliminated the VBA option, the only choice is to re-create the data providers in the desired order. This utility can help speed that process for universe-based data providers, but it still means a manual effort I’m afraid.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)