BusinessObjects Board

Datainsight task failed with communication link failure

hi all,

One of the data insight task failing with below error after it ran for 23 hours. We have relatively massive data but Datainsight task on the same table completed in 2 hours but the other one is failing.

ICC_parallel_profiler_status
Cannot save <MMT_Ep_Subrun> <SQL submitted to ODBC data source resulted in error <[Microsoft][SQL Server Native
Client 10.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Communication link failure>. The SQL submitted is <UPDATE “MMT_Ep_Subrun” SET
“status” = N’Running’, “error_message” = NULL, “last_updated” = CONVERT(DATETIME2, ‘2017-02-24 02:31:00.000’, 121),
“al_hist_key” = 2594 WHERE “subrun_id” = 37661 >.> into the repository. Additional database information: <%3>

Could someone help me how to fix this issue.

Regards
Pavani

pavani_yerra (BOB member since 2010-04-28)

Since IS does no writes to the target database and you are getting back an error with an update statement, it means it was trying to update the repository tables and timed out. I would suggest looking into locking on your MS SQL server where the repository tables are housed. If the error continues then I would open a ticket with SAP.

• E

eepjr24 :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-16)