BusinessObjects Board

database password request w/Crystal Reports in WEBI

We have been adding Crystal Reports in to WEBI, but we’re being prompted for the database password when trying to run the report. Anyone know where this is set up so that no one is prompted for the database password anymore?

thanks
Michael

mlidonne (BOB member since 2015-02-05)

You lost me at adding crystal reports into WEBI.

richardcottave (BOB member since 2006-03-30)

You can do that. You didn’t know that?

Add a crystal report into a WEBI report? No I did not know you could do that.

Here is a How To (attached)
Adding Crystal Report to BO WEBI.pdf (132.0 KB)

You are adding the Crystal Report to Infoview (Launchpad) not to WebI.

BUDJO :switzerland: (BOB member since 2013-01-10)

mldonne WEBI is the report tool and InfoView is the web portal. To set the connection info for crystal reports you need to use the CMC. (Unless you are using a universe as the data source).

Anyone else in the mood to discredit me? See attached.

Either you know the answer to the original question or you don’t.

I have way too many other tasks to do as a Senior Clinical Systems Analyst then to have to show examples to people who don’t know how to put a Crystal Report in to Web Intelligence.

Life is too short.
Crystal Reports in Infoview.pdf (252.0 KB)

I know the answer to the original question . You use the CMC to navigate to the crystal report, right click and select database configuration.
I looked at your PDF and that is how you use the CMC to add a crystal report to the file repository so that it will appear in InfoView. WEB Intelligence is a report writing tool that has nothing to do with crystal reports.

Thanks for the answer to the question. You must have missed my last set of screen shots that clearly show that I’m in Infoview adding Crystal Reports through Infoview.
I’m the Administrator for that program, I know the difference between CMC and Infoview.

For your amusement I’ve attached the pdf again on how to add CR’s via Infoview.
Any questions?
Crystal Reports in Infoview.pdf (252.0 KB)

Michael,
as was pointed out earlier, WebIntelligence has got nothing to do with Crystal Reports.
Your latest document does not show a single feature or step in your workflow that has anything to do with WebI, yet your question at the end is:

“Anyone else want to try to discredit my knowledge of Business Objects Web Intelligence?”

Nobody is trying to discredit anything or anyone here. Simply clarifying facts. Whether what you are doing is done via the CMC or Infoview does not matter in the slightest…as you can do the same using either.

The fact remains that what you are doing has got nothing to do with Web Intelligence whatsoever. You are merely adding a CR document via Infoview to a folder that so far contains WebIntelligence documents only. Your last two screenshots show this crystal (no pun intended) clear, as you selected/highlighted a folder, then right clicked, add Crystal…and in the last screenshot the selected CR shows in the previously selected folder.

Take care.

BUDJO :switzerland: (BOB member since 2013-01-10)

Moderator note:
Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

So let us get back to the original issue:
Adding a CR report to InfoView, and when opening that CR report via InfoView you are prompted for the database user id & password, which is used as a connection in the CR report. Thanks.

And I believe be correct answer has been provided already by the way.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)