BusinessObjects Board

Database Move

We are using BO 5.x for one of our projects, there are 78 Universes,36 categories and 768 Corporate documents.
Now our Database is moving to a new Server, and the TNS entries are getting changed. even the Repository database is getting moved.

So now will I have to create a new BOMAIN.key for the new Database? if I create a new BO main key then the repository will be a entirely new one and I have to import/export all the repository objects from the new one to the old one while creating all the Connections.

Is there any other work around for this…even if the database moves can we update the existing repository with the new Database details?

kiran.kotagiri (BOB member since 2006-05-15)

When you say that the repository database will also be moved to the new server then there is no need to import/export anything.
You can do a safe recovery using supervisor and create a new BOMAIN.key file by pointing to the new repository database(which has all the contents as previous one).
Save this file to the two locdata folders on the BOBJ server, for full clients(Designer, BO) replace the old BOMAIN.key file with this one

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Please, look in the Supervisor FAQ here, detaills have been posted there…

Most important:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)