BusinessObjects Board

Data Provider Links

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Does the repository store information about the links between data providers in a report. (I have a report with 10 data providers and it’s a pain trying to see which objects are linked to what).

If not is this information accessible via VB?

I’ve searched and searched this forum and KX but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks in advance. :?

Grantie :uk: (BOB member since 2004-07-01)

Repository related questions go in Supervisor forum, so you’re in the right place. 8)

No, it does not. Unfortunately the level of detail stored about the documents in the repository is minimal.

I don’t know for sure but I believe that the answer is no. :?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Poo.

What about this. Can I get a listing of the objects that are used in a report (not just the ones that are returned by the DP). I want to try and identify which objects I can remove from the dataprovider (with the intention of removing some of them). Can I do this from the Repository or VB?

And I’m honoured to get a response from Integra Dave himself. :crazy_face:

:rotf:

Check this out from BOB’s Downloads. It currently goes through only the data providers but you could modify it to traverse the collection of report variables as well. Note that report variables cannot be linked, so I’m not sure what you’re ultimately trying to accomplish…?

Ah, well, don’t be too honoured. :lol: My wife says I will talk to anybody that will listen. So that doesn’t make you special. :wink:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I’ll take a look at this. Thanks again.

In summary, a colleague has a report based on 14 data providers (Excel and universe). He’s trying to rationalise it and get rid of some redundant DPs. Every time he removes an object from the report, it goes pear-shaped. So I thought maybe I could get a listing of a) the objects that are used in the report and compare this to b) a listing of objects returned by all of the data providers. This way I could easily identify the ones that could be removed without breaking the report.

At the same time, because there are so many DPs with lots of columns, it’s very hard to see which dimensions are linked, which is where I started.

Still honoured and you’re my BO hero!!. :yesnod: