BusinessObjects Board

Custom Filter on Webi XI 3.1

Looking for a formula to make this filter :

Want only the previous day data to pull in the report when this filter is applied.

Date format for the object which I’m using for this custom filter is dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks,

Nisha Singh (BOB member since 2013-03-08)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Do you want to create it as a pre-defined condition in a universe? Then what database do you use?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks, happy joining this forum finally. Always found it very usefull.

Yes, want to get it created in the universe so that other reports could also use it. Ours is SQL Server 2008
Need formula so that I can provide it to our resource who creates objects in the universe. He is struggling with the formula.
Was trying this : ((@Select(Installment Facts\Record Written DT Display))= (GETDATE() -1))

Did not work :frowning:

[Moderator Note: So moving from WebIntelligence XI to Semantic Layer / Universe Designer]

Then this sticky topic can be helpful:

Why was it not working? Did you get wrong results? Did get an error message?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I experimented with {fn CURRDATE()} as in the formula: DATEADD(dd,-1,convert (SMALLDATETIME, {fn CURDATE()})). The issue here is that the formula works in Webi, but does not parse in Designer, making it difficult to debug.

It won’t parse in designer.

getdate() doesn’t use a table and as such won’t parse but it will work when you use an object from a table with it in a query

Create an object for Yesterday as:

cast(convert(char(10),dateadd(d,-1,getdate()),23) as datetime)

Or create a pre-defined condition as:

@Select(Installment Facts\Record Written DT Display)=cast(convert(char(10),dateadd(d,-1,getdate()),23) as datetime)

The condition should parse because I would expect the other object to be table-based.