BusinessObjects Board

Crystal Xcelsius area un-searchable

Hi,

I’ve been trying to search the Xcelsius area and it doesn’t seem to be working. Even when I choose a word I know is both in the title and the body the search returns nothing.

This seems to be true of both the standard search within the Xcelsius area and the advanced search (returns no hits from the Xcelsius area).

Thanks for your help,

Adam

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion forum to About BOB - Marek Chladny]

Adam Meyer :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-27)

Hi, please read the How can I search BOB? topic for one possible explanation. If you can post the search terms you are trying I can confirm whether those terms are indexed or not. I can assure you that the forum is searchable, but there are words that are not indexed and therefore won’t return any hits.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave,

The search problem shows even when using a single word. After reading your reply I went back into the Xcelsius forum and type just the word Xcelsius into the search box. This returned no hits even though the first posting used it in the title. I then went into the BOXI Web Intelligence forum and searched on one word out of the first post and it returned many hits including that first post.

I’ve not had any problems searching in any of the other forums, just Xcelsius.

Thanks Dave,

Adam

Adam Meyer :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-27)

Adam, I am not sure what to tell you. I went into the Xcelsius forum and noted that one of the more recent topics included the word “webservice” so I entered that into the box and clicked the “Go” button. I got a bunch of hits.

I then checked the “stop words” to see if Xcelsius was on that list. Many (most) of the product names are “stop words” meaning you cannot search for them. Being in the Xcelsius and searching for Xcelsius would seem to be redundant. But I checked the database and the word Xcelsius is not a stop word. Hm

So then I went to the search page and selected the Xcelsius forum from the list of forums, and then entered Xcelsius as my search term, and got a bunch of hits. The same thing happened when I used the “search this forum” box. So it’s working for me.

Then it hit me.

You have marked the Xcelsius forum as non-searchable via your My BOB profile. If you click the MyBOB link at the top of the page, you will notice that the Xcelsius search checkbox is off, meaning you yourself have made the forum unsearchable. Change that, and you should be good to go. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)