BusinessObjects Board

Cross Tab Report

I have a cross tab report which display months in rows, services in columns and #ofservices in body. I have created a variable such as MonthDe which contains FormatDate(,“mmm”).

I need to display all the months irrespective of whether there is data in the database. Rigth now I am able to show only for Mar and April since there is data only for them. I want to show May, June etc rows with #of services showing 0. Is this possible.

I really appreicate it. I would thank for the prompt response for the previous topics I posted.

Lakshmi

Lakshmi13 (BOB member since 2006-05-05)

Hi Lakshmi,

This has been discussed in this board many number of times. Try searching for “Null values”. Here is one of the link that might help you.

In short create additional data provider like in excel or text which has all the months from Jan to dec. Pull this in the report and then link it with your original data provider. And then you can format the data to display “0” using Format/Cell/Number.

Raja Saripalli :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-14)

Hi,

have a look at this Reporter’s FAQ as well.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

If your report is NOT a Master-Detail report(No Sections) then:

If you have the data for the all the dates in the time dimension table, then just bring only dates in another data provider, and create a month object based on this variable. and use this month variable in cross tab.

If your report is a Master - Detail, then it is a problem,
One way is to create a data provider just o bring the dates…and unlink them and use aggregate functions to display this data in the report cell.
for ex: =Min(). You might have to delete the rows in the table and add new rows/headers sothat each cell behaves individually and calculate the measures accordingly…

Thanks

multicube :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-28)