BusinessObjects Board

Creating second security domain

I am trying to create a new security domain (which will contain a Universe domain and a Document domain and will generate a new BOMain.Key) but when clicking on Add form the Repository Management Window, I can only add a new Universe or Document domain.

Any ideas on how to create a second security domain?

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

For a repository you can create only one security domain and multplie document and universe domain.If you want to create another security domain.Then you have to conect to different database.

https://bobj-board.org/t/15228

Check this url.

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

rsekar, thanks for your reply but the URL only talks about Documents and Universes domains.
What I need to do is to create another security domain. I understand that I have to connect to different database, but where do I do this? Is it by clicking on Admin before logging in Supervisor? Is that case it will create a new gensup. Do I follow the wizard and then move everything accross.

Or do I need to create two new and migrate everythin from my original to the two new repositories?

Hi,
Consider a scenario where you the production and test database in different Location.Then you need to connect to different location using different BOMain.For that you have to create a repository to the respective database.

Yes you have to create in that way.

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Hi all,

You are not oblige to create it in an other db ! Wath you have to do is to create a new sec domain in a different schema of the same db or in a new db !
To create a new repo first check if you have a valid schema or a valid db. Then use supervisor / admin …

Regards

Thanks for all your input… It has worked perfectly…