BusinessObjects Board

Creating Multiple Tabs From Master Detail Report

I have a Master Detail Report. The report generates ORDER BY the field STATUS. Now I would like to create the TABS against each value of the STATUS.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

KUA (BOB member since 2007-12-09)

There is a utility in BOB’s Downloads that seems perfect for your request … Create report tab and filter for each value

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayane,

Thank you very much for the help. It works! I am new in Macro in BO, I might have questions on this issue - if I have any I will write it again.

Thanks again.

Kazem

Hi

You can use this…even i used this in my report and its really worthy…and if you have any queries, post it…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Siva,

Thank you. My report works. Refresh works fine. The problem is when I need to add some new object in the report - it does not automatically create that object against all those tabs. Could you please let me knoiw what do you do to edit the report (adding new objects).

Appreciate for your help.

Thanks,
Kazem

Dwayne,

Initially if I have five resorts (e.g. Resort A, Resort B, Resort c) - the VBA code creates 3 tabs (Resort A, Rresort B etc). Next time when I refresh the report - it refreshes against only these three values (Resort A, B & C). Later, if there is a new resort added in the database e.g. Resort D then the report does not create the Tab Report D in the refresh. Please let me know if I am missing anything that causes not to create the Tab Resort D. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kazem

Two choices:[list]1. When running the macro for the first time, be sure all possible values are included. Then that document can be refreshed later.

1. Always start with the “blank” version, and run the macro after refresh each time. That way you will always have the correct number of tabs for the given set of data.[/list]

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

What I have done when I needed to provide this function was delete all reports by one in the VBA code first, then set them up once again after the refresh. So the code itself takes care of removing all of the “extra” reports created by the prior refresh.

I have not tried to redo this in XI, but it worked in prior versions.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dwyane,

Sorry! I could not reply earlier - I was travelling & out of office.
Thank you for the reply. As we are trying to automate the report - the option 2 will not work. I am going to follow the option 1. The only problem I have now that some tabs have over 66,000 records. And I need to export all the records in the excel. I am researching on it. Is there any way I could resolve this issue by modifying the VBA code (creating multiple tabs) you sent before.

Kazem