BusinessObjects Board

Create universe against CMS

Hi all,

I want to write some reports to highlight failed \ success instances each day plus a bunch of other stats against the CMS.

This is possible in query builder (QB) but the CMS doesn’t reflect what is available in QB. I was wondering if there is anyway to access the table structure used in Query Builder from a universe. The client doesn’t have auditor licensed.

Any help gratefully received.

Simon :shock:
XIR2

sijeffs :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-19)

The short answer is no. The structure of the XI system database is such that the contents can’t be queried directly. Only the SDK (which is what is used by Query Builder) can interpret the contents.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Can’t create a system table universe. I think this is what you’re saying. How can I get a list of universe object names plus the object select statement plus the object description in an XML file format?

korzel :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-20)

One approach would be to use this spreadsheet-based utility and save the results as xml.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks. This worked just fine. I’m curious as to how the spreadsheet actually works since the CMS tables in XIR2 contain non human-readable data (binary). But, hey, it worked.

Thanks. :wink:

korzel :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-20)