BusinessObjects Board

Create or change universe (Metadata)

Hi all,
im new on BO and i have to find a solution how to create or change universe using BO SDK?
I dont expect to you give me code(if you want this is not problem:)) i just wantto know is it possible? If its possible i will start to a project.
What is my purpose?
I will convert cognos model to BO universe. I can read cognos model using XML lib. But i cant find a tool which is do to convert, cognos to universe. So i will create a tool(i hope).

thanks for any help.
best regards.

usenmeform (BOB member since 2010-11-01)

Hi,

I think you would like to use BO SDK to create universe. There are several tools available in the BOB Downloads area (Documenting/Updating/Generating Universes automaticallly). Check it out!

You can also use external strategies to populate the universe based on the naming conventions used in your DW and by the help of data dictionary tables.

Hope this helps,
Csisz

DBArchitect :hungary: (BOB member since 2009-06-23)

Thanks for your reply @DBArchitect, i have searched and learned solution for convert or export/import ways already. BO can import model from other source (exm.cognos) but cognos dont export all model, it just export query subjects and dataitems in CVM format. But i need all of the metadata include joins. Cognos dont give me and so BO cant import all of model.

i have decided to make new tool if i able to find BO SDK :))

Ok, I see your point. I think you can use some of the code samples in the BOB Downloads area, especially this tool:

https://bobj-board.org/t/141886

But the other tools can be useful as well.

Regards,
Csisz

DBArchitect :hungary: (BOB member since 2009-06-23)

Thanks a lot, this tool will help me so much.