BusinessObjects Board

Create a new @Function to be used either in WebI or Deski

Hi
I have been a BO user for many years but have never used the SDK. I am currently working on a site where they have a requirement to show a time file, stored as an integer, as a character hh:mm:ss. E.g. 60 = 00:01:00. I can’t create this as an object in the universe as they want to do calculations on it so I need to format it at the report side.
There are numerous fields per report that need the formatting.
There are numerous reports where this will be necessary
Any thoughts on the easiest way to do this other than manually formatting every object (and it’s averages and totals)?
I was thinking of designing a new @Function like the @Prompt or something similar that the user could use with the parameter being the time in seconds but I have no idea if this is possible and whether I could do it in DeskI or WebI or both???
Help please!!
Thanks

SarahG :australia: (BOB member since 2005-08-22)

Hi Sarah,

Have a look at this:

It’s probably something that you need. However, it’s quite old and I am not sure if it will work in the BO version that you have.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi
Thanks for this, however can you tell me how I can create my own function and add it. I know how to do what I need to do just getting BO to recognise it is the bit I have no clue about.
Thanks

Hmm, I am not going to help with this as I don’t have such experience.

I can only advise to search for “userlibs” keyword in the SDP section of the BOB in order to get other posts that discuss the same. Userlibs is a folder where custom user functions are stored.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks anyway for your help :slight_smile:
I’ll try that!
Cheers