BusinessObjects Board

Copy Data Providers / Copy Report

Hi all,

found this excellent add in posted to bob’s downloads

“Copy Data Providers / Copy Report Variables”, works fine in version 5,
however it does not work in desktop Intelligence Xi2 R2 and the VBA debugs to

DataProviderTo.Unload

This is still a valid property/constant.

I am lacking in true VBA knowlege; can anyone debug this so it will work successfully in Xi2. It is a great tool and would hate to loose it with the new version.

Much Appreciated
Glen Pyper

PS any other clever add ins like this??

gpyper10 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-05-10)

[Moderator Note: Moving to SDK.]

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)

Not sure what this means? Is there text missing, Is this an avenue to get a response?

Thanks
Glen

I have an XI version attached here. It also adds an item to the Data menu that allows a default report to be created for a data provider (like the Report Wizard). I’ll move this over to the downloads area when I get a chance.

Update … utility has been moved to the downloads area, and can be found here.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Pure Genius, you are a gentleman and scholar.

This is a great template for adaptation for other add ins also

Many Thanks for the help

Cheers
Glen

and remember
a bhleil thu gorach

@gpyper10:

Reading your question I assume you are just moving to XI form 5 and not aware of all new functionality. For DP copy-ing you don’t need a macro in Deski XIr2. It’s build-in standard functionality (as from 61b I thought)

jbo :monaco: (BOB member since 2005-07-31)

We are going to Xi yet the new functionality does not allow the merging of 2 different documents data providers into 1, and neither does it allow created variables to be moved across. Xi2 only appears to allow duplication of dataproviders, good for new reporting yet not as useful as this macro. For the migration of reports into our new BI warehouse, and improving reporting by combining several current stand alone reports, this tool is the business.

days, or weeks saved!

Thanks Again
Glen

:mrgreen:

As Glen pointed out, the new functionality in 6 and later still does not copy “across” documents, only “within” documents.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)