BusinessObjects Board

copy Data Provider

hello to all,

I want to copy a DP and I tried it like described in the posting “copy Data Provider / copy Report Variables” from Dwayne Hoffpauir.

But in the BO-menue “Tools / Add-Ins…”, when I click the checkbox next to BusObj Utilities and when I click ok, I get the error message “FRM003 - this file is damaged and can’t be opened” (–> I hope this is the correct translation from german to english).

Has someone an idea, how to solve this problem?

best regards
Günny

Günny :de: (BOB member since 2008-02-29)

It would have been better if you had posted in the same thread where the utility exists.
You may be trying to open the said add-in in a lower version, like a version 6x addin in 5x

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hello Haider,

thanks for your quick reply.

I don’t think, that I work with a lower version of Bo. I work with BO 6.5.1 and Dwaynes AddIn is desctibed for V5.1.8 ( copy Data Provider … ).

regards
Günny[/url]

Maybe the addin-in didn’t get properly downloaded, re-install/download it again and see if the error ceases.

Just a thought:
How about opening the BO 5.x add-in in BO 6.5 with the general supervisor account? Just to be sure that the problem is not caused by any privileges that other-than-GS accounts may be missing.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hello Haider,

I did your proposal, but with no success.

The first download and re-install results in the error-message “FRM0008 - you have no access-rights for this file” (I hope, this is the correct translation german to english).

The second download and re-install (XI-Version) results with error “FRM0003 - this file is damaged and can’t be opened”. I think, I can understand this error, because we are working with BO 6.5.1 and not with XI (I think this is your first reply with the “lower version”).

But the first error, I can’t understand. Perhaps it is due to it, that we work with a “workgroup-environment” instead of an “enterprise-environment” and therefore we have no repository (the description of “FRM0008” talks about the repository).

regards
Günni

It may be due to that.
To confirm, you can create a test repository on Access DB and try installing the add-in.

Hello Marek,

I do not understand your proposal. How can I work with the general supervisor? We are working with a “workgroup-environment” and I only can work with my Windows-account (but this account is provided with administrator privileges).

regards
Günni

How can I do this, I have no experience with AccesDB?

-Create a sample access mdb file in your machine.
-go to control panel and create an ODBC DSN and point it to the above file.

• open supervisor, click on admin button, select first option, give a supervisor account name and password.
    -click next and select the middleware as MS access, choose the ODBC DSN created in step 2.
  • Click next and you are ready to build the repository

[quote:eb8a30f941=“Günny”]“FRM0008 - you have no access-rights for this file”
[/quote]

Any chance the file is marked read-only on the file system?

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello Dwayne,

thanks for your reply.
I don’t think, that this is the reason for my problem. For my accounts, acces to this file is not limited (see attached files).

regards
Günny
properties.jpg
privileges.jpg

It doesn’t look to be a issue with not using repository and logging in with workgroup mode.
To narrow down the issue, can you try installing the add-in on another machine.

Do other Add Ins work okay?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

This is the first AddIn, I want to install in addition. From the first installation of BO 6.5.1, the OlapConnect and the WebConnect are are installed.

regards, Günny