BusinessObjects Board

Converting a number into an HH:MM:SS time format - Oracle

I’ve got an extension DLL for this as all that to_char/trunc stuff drives me mad if you have to do it alot.
I’ve sent it in for inclusion onto the BOB downloads but It won’t be there for a while. Let me know if you want it. (Only tested on 5.x)
see this for basic details and e-mail me if you would like it… or wait till it appears in the downloads.

ken.gaul :uk: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

[quote:13879f9c71=“ken.gaul”]I’ve sent it in for inclusion onto the BOB downloads
[/quote]

I just wanted to let you know that I’ve checked the bobdownloads@forumtopics.com email address, and haven’t received the file.

BOB Downloads (BOB member since 2003-05-05)

The instructions in the original post said codesamples@forumtopics.com will that work or do you want me to re-submit?

[quote:23f6f47812=“ken.gaul”]The instructions in the original post said codesamples@forumtopics.com will that work or do you want me to re-submit?
[/quote]

Ken: We changed the email address when we changed the name of the forum. Please use the newer address, thanks. 8)

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Consider it done! Well actually don’t consider it done it is done :wink:

The dll is available here. Further discussion should take place in this topic.

:mrgreen: Thanks Ken :mrgreen:

BOB Downloads (BOB member since 2003-05-05)

Ken,

Thanks for the download - the DLLs work great on my PC. :smiley:

I have posted the boextensions.dll and the extfunct.txt to the UserLibs directory on our 3 BO servers.

I published a report that uses FormatAsTime to Corporate Documents. When a user accesses the report on WebI, the time is formatted correctly. When using ZABO, it doesn’t work. Is there a way for ZABO installed machines to take advantage of this?

Note: Even though extfunct.txt declaring these 2 functions has been copied to the UserLibs folder on each of the 3 BO servers, a different extfunct.txt file gets copied to the users ZABO PC UserLibs directory which doesn’t have the custom functions. (Seems to copy when they refresh the report).

Do I need to have ALL ZABO users put these 2 files on their C: drive under UserLibs or is there another way? Is there somewhere else I need to store the extfunct.txt file?

Thanks much,
Pat :confused:

patwehr (BOB member since 2004-10-05)

I’m not sure I can help there. I don’t use Zabo here and I’m not sure I remember how and what it downloads. Copying the DLL to every zabo machine is an option obviously not ideal though :frowning:
There might be a registry thing you can change which could point to a network drive for UserLibs locations, but that is still a per desktop fix.

Might need to post a more generic Zabo rollout question to see if anybody else knows a better way.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

Hi,

I am working with BO 61B AND SYBASE 12.Can you please guide me how to achieve this in sybase.

Thanks,
Viswa

viswa (BOB member since 2002-08-26)

Ken,

thank you very much for the boextensions.dll. It works very well with BO 5.x.

I’m testing it with the new version BO 6.5, but it dosn’t seem to work.

Do you have a new dll working with BO 6.5 ??

Thank you very much,

Dolap

dolap :it: (BOB member since 2003-02-22)

Not yet I haven’t got 6.5, I was working on a 6.1 one but am having trouble with it. I’ll post as soon as I have something to work with. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

OK I’ve got the 6.1b dll working. I’m not sure if 6.5 has changed significantly or not. Can somebody try it for me on 6.5 I don’t it yet :frowning:
boextensions.zip (19.0 KB)

Clearly the 6.1 version doesn’t work on 6.5. Maybe somebody could try this one and give me some feedback. I’m sorry to be so needy but I just don’t have 6.5 yet.
boextensions65.zip (19.0 KB)

Hi Ken!!

You’re a GENIUS!!
I tested the formatasTime function on WEBI 6.5.1 It works perfectly.

Fantastic!! :mrgreen:

Thank You very much!

Dolap

dolap :it: (BOB member since 2003-02-22)

My pleasure, always glad to help. Just glad to know it works.

Am I missing someting?
I put the boextensions.dll and extfunct.txt in my businessobjects’ \userLib folder, but I am not seeing the two functions in the functions list.
Where is this supposed to show up?
Do I need to do something to register the .dll or let BO know about it?

I am using 6.1a.

Thanks.
Hao

browncow (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

Hao,

You need to close and re-open BusinessObjects in order for them to show up. Make sure you look in the “All Functions” folder for them.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I already did (and redid) what you’ve stated above and Im not seeing them.

I also tried to put in in for WebI here:
\bkbobj01\nodes\bkbobj01\AERA_PROD\libs (couldn’t find userLib)

Just no luck.
Thanks.
Hao.

browncow (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

I suppose the key thing for 6.1 and above is knowing where userlibs actually is. There is a registry key along the lines of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 6.0\default\Shared\General\Directories\User Library

which tells you where it is on your installation. I assume if you have 6.5 the key changes to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 6.5\default\Shared\General\Directories\User Library

but that is pure guesswork on my part.
If that still doesn’t work delete the extfunc.txt file BO should re-create it if it finds a DLL in your userlib directory. So if you delete it and restart BO and it doesn’t get re-created something very odd is wrong. If it does get created and the functions still don’t show up the contents of it might tell you something interesting. Let me know what it says and I’ll try to help more. I still don’t have 6.5 yet so I don’t know how much help I can be. As for webi I’m afraid you’ll have to try to get help from dolap cause what I know about webi you can write on the perforations of a postage stamp :oops:

Hi,
First of all, thanks so much for providing us with this DLL. I could not get it to work in 6.1b. I was able to get it in 5.1.8. Can some one help me in getting it to work with 6.1b.

Also some body please help me in understanding the following when i am applying these functions on the dates as follows:

=FormatAsTime(DateDiff(ToDate("02/03/05 10:00:05" ,"mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss AM/PM" ) ,ToDate("02/03/05 04:30:30 PM" ,"mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss AM/PM")))

this returns:
13:48:29

Please interpret the result for me.

Thanks
Samy

samy (BOB member since 2004-05-24)