BusinessObjects Board

Conditional/Cascading prompts

Hi

I have a query regarding the way prompts are displayed to the user in a report.

Say I have 3 prompts 2 to enter dates and a 3rd with a number. Now if the user enters the 3rd prompt with a number I need prompts for the dates to be disabled.

How can this be achieved?

2 inputs that I got was

1. using a cascade prompt. use prompt 1 to choose what the next prompt should be
  2. using java to code for these prompts.

Please let me know in detail how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance.[:)]

watscooking (BOB member since 2008-01-03)

Hi

To know about the cascading prompt, please refer the link.

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Welcome to BoB

Unfortunately, prompts are non-conditional, so each and every one must be completed before the query is executed.

The link provided by Siva to Cascading Prompts will not remove a Prompt, but instead will populate it with all of the values available.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Can we use Java code to control the disabling or for prompts following the first prompt to come up based on what is chosen in the 1st prompt?

watscooking (BOB member since 2008-01-03)

The cascading prompt option will allow you to dictate what LoVs are available in succeeding prompts.

It won’t allow you to skip prompts though. I know of no way to do that. it might be achievable via SDK, but I really don’t know.

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Prompts in a Webi report must have values supplied, even when using the SDK. What is the value that you want to use for the date prompts? It can’t be null or your query would return no data. Maybe you can use cascading prompts to specify a custom LOV that inputs a default value for the date prompts.

jwhite9 :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-28)

Try using simple VBScripts and OpenDocument Function to redirect results
something like the one I made:
Prompt7.JPG

prabhat :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-16)