BusinessObjects Board

Condition in prompt

Hello everyone,

I have a prompt on report which selects Campaign Start Date and Campaign End Date. If i did not the select the date ranges still it has to
give me a report with all available campaigns. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Prasad123 (BOB member since 2005-04-14)

BO requaires you to fill in all the prompt conditions. You cannot leave a blank…

Maybe you can create the all condition and use it as a default prompt.

-Xen

xen :india: (BOB member since 2004-11-13)

Optional prompts are a much-wanted feature that I hope will be available some day. In the meantime, check out this workaround from our Designer FAQ.

When you start a new question, there is a hyperlink at the top of the posting area called How to Ask Smart BOB Questions. If you read that, you’ll see a section Before You Ask, which says:

Is there anything I should do before I ask my question?
The four things you should have already done before posting a question are…

1. Read the manual (RTM) or Search the web (STW)
  2. Read the FAQ
  3. Ask a knowledgeable co-worker or friend
  4. Search BOB!

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Anita,

I read your link for the @select/@prompt, tried it in my universe, read the online doc and look at Cindi Howson’s book, but I am still not getting it.

I have a prompt for an object (order status) that I want the user to select from a list by clicking on the ‘values’ button or by either typing in ‘*’ for all order statuses.

Here is the object I created in the universe called ‘order status prompt’ which will not parse. The object I created is in a class I called LOV objects (for the lack of a better place). I then created a report selecting order status where order.status_name equal ‘order status prompt’.

(@Select(LOV Objects\QUOTE_ORDER_STATE.ORDER_STATE_NM) IN @Prompt (‘Select an Order status or * for all’, ‘a’, ‘LOV Objects\QUOTE_ORDER_STATE.ORDER_STATE_NM’, multi, free) ) OR (’*’ in @Prompt(‘Select an Order status or * for all’, ‘a’, ‘LOV Objects\QUOTE_ORDER_STATE.ORDER_STATE_NM’, multi, free) )

Note: this syntax is in the ‘select’ portion of the object properties…

Please help…
Thanks
larry

larryc (BOB member since 2004-04-15)

Try by replacing the @select part by the coloum directly from tables and colums and select the LOVs in the prompt from classes and objects.

-Xen

xen :india: (BOB member since 2004-11-13)

larryc – I’ve never tried something quite like that – so I can’t see what’s wrong offhand. Perhaps if you post a hyperlink to some other topic that you are trying to emulate…???

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)