BusinessObjects Board

computing calculations

I have created a report with lots of calculations in it. Once the data was fetched into the report, every time I scrolled down to view the data, it took a long time to refresh data. I noticed in task bar it says “Computing data” and % done. My question is, once the data is fetched, why does it keep on computing data when you scroll down?

This only happens with reports having a lot of calculations, I have another report with half the amount of calculations and I dont have this problem. Is there anyway I can turn off automatic recomputing of data? This is not a memory issue either as I have no other application running except business objects.

lbrewer (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

How about splitting computation between db and webi server, trying load balancing…

vangaras (BOB member since 2005-03-14)

I don’t have Zabo, we have full client. Also, all calculations are converted to Variables. Middleware is Oracle 8.1.7 and Business Objects version is 5.1.7

lbrewer (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Try taking a look at Why is my report so slow? from our Reporter FAQ.

Also, you can go into structure mode when working on your report – then, instead of having to evaluate the formulas and variables, you are just looking at the report structure.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)