BusinessObjects Board

Compress a Business Object Report

I am facing problem with BO Report? The BO report is approx 80000 KB so when I Refresh the report and switch from one tab to another it takes lot of time (one full day). Can we compress a Business Object Report so that it can be faster.

binaykumarkhetan :iran: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)

A) The file size seems to be way out of bound… 80 MB :blue:

B) Check if your universe measures are defined properly using a SQL aggregate function thereby inferring a SQL Group By clause, which in turn will reduce the number of resulting rows.

C) How many pages does your Business Objects document have?

D) Could it be that you deleted a data provider without purging it first? This in certain versions of Business Objects might leave you with a b l o a t e d file. Remedy: re-crate the doucment form scratch or use the copy data provider tool available in BOB’s Downlaod section.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Also, take a look at our Reporter FAQ entry: Why is my report so slow?.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Did you purge all the data providers before publishing the report to infoview?? Since your report size is way too high it might be the case that data from the previous refresh is still there on your report.

Nishant Shrivastava (BOB member since 2005-09-26)

So to answer this question…

Can a WEBI report being scheduled be compressed?

Joealyche (BOB member since 2012-02-29)

You could possibly get it to write to a zip file, using a program object?
The one thing you would notice that even zipping a report up does not make hardly any difference to its size.

As for the OP’s report, it must be one of the worst designed reports in the entire universe, lol, to get to that size :blue: .

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thanks, I was thinking it wouldn’t save that much… but then thought that if I send it out as a .CSV that may compress further.

Ah, CSV you may have a lot more joy with :).
Its formatted ones that don’t compress as well in my experience.

One thing about the CSV though. If I am removing columns within the report or am using any report filters then CSV will not show this.

In CSV I would get everything coming out of the SQL…

Correct, depends on the requirement, of course.