BusinessObjects Board

complex condition

Dear all,

m trying to create a webi report using two universe and i was able to make it and now that im trying to give a condition like this below:

table_1(time_stamp) >= table_2(time_stamp)

if this is possible please help me guy!

thanks alot

shunaan :maldives: (BOB member since 2009-12-15)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Create multiple data providers and then merge them. Search for multiple data providers, you’ll get many topics.

P.S: Give an appropriate subject going forward, to get faster and better suggestions.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

hey jansi

please dont lock my post, i post the new one coz i didnt get enough reply due to subject…please unlock my post…i need help

Please edit the first post and change the subject. This will do, instead of opening a new topic. Please let me know if you need any help in changing the subject.

can you just give me some instructions…m sorry to say this…bt i badly need help from you guyz!

See you need to use merge dimensions as Jansi suggested , first create two data providers in the Edit Query option with the required objects.

And then at the report level , link the two on common dimension objects.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Please tell where exactly you got stuck to suggest further.

dear all,

m trying to query data from two universe to generate one report. and the problem in that im getting wired results like, duplicate data, no results.
i need to know the basic rules while creating complex reports like this.

The more specific you’re, the better suggestions you get. As of now, you can go through this presentation to understand about multiple data providers and the problems and tips in Desk-I. You can get an idea and then implement the same in Web-I.

Fantastic…:slight_smile: thanks for the help my dear…your just great!

hey tel me how to do this please…

how can i create a variable like this?

table1(date)>=table2(date)

Moderator Note: Please do not bump your post until at least one business day has passed. You can edit your previous post to add more information, in case no one has replied to you.

Also you need to give the complete pseudo code for us to understand. If you’re new to BO, I would like you to go through the product guides from here.

hey jansi help me out? i need to do this realy soon!

If you’re using 2 different data sources, the two dates should be coming from 2 different queries. You can use this syntax to access the dates:

[Query 1].[date]
[Query 2].[date]

I would set up one of the dates to be in a variable as a detail type. Then you can do a comparison like this:

=If ([Query 1].[Meeting Date] >= [Query 2 date]; 1; 0)

This variable can be used as a report filter to include or disinclude records based on if query 1 date is later than or equal to query 2 date. (To include records, use the filter as the variable is equal to 1; to disinclude as variable is equal to 0.)

bkaporch :us: (BOB member since 2008-12-02)

any other suggestion from anyone…i cant understand your solution.please help me

Hi Shunaan,

Can you please let us know more details. What is your input data from both queries. and what output you are looking for.

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

1. Are your dates coming from different tables present in different data providers. if yes, thn what bkaporch has given the answer will work.
  2. if not, what actually the things u want from the forum to answer, be specific in what u need…in ur report

Zeenat :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB. We want to keep BOB easy to understand for our International community. Thanks.

Ok, how far did you get with the solution I posted? Did you set up a detail variable for the query 2 date?

Is the only thing you need help with how to set up the report filter? I’ll attach some screen shots that might help.
complex query.doc (660.0 KB)

bkaporch :us: (BOB member since 2008-12-02)