• Query2 with twovariable
    B= 5,10,15,20
    C= 1,2,3,4

How can I do this “Give me Value of C when value of A=Value of B”
So in this case I should get 2.

I have no way of limiting B or C

Nasir
XI-R2 and Oracle

botakhan :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-08-18)

any help BOB ?

Can you create an object in the Universe using CASE STATEMENT…
It should help you to solve it.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

BO Chief,

Can you please give me some details on the object with case statment.
The other point is that the object that I have to compare is same …

Means A and B are both same …

Nasir

Are A, B, C are columns of a table? If not provide the sample of your table.?

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

We need more information. Are these measures? What dimensions do the data providers have in common.

If all the dimensions are in common and properly linked, then this shoud be easy.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

You could also use an alerter on a column that say if a = b then highlight red. If you can get that to work, then you can extend that to being able to substitue the variable c when it meets that same condition instead of turning it red. Then you can filter or whatever you have to do to get it to display properly.

jackhillyer (BOB member since 2006-06-08)

Hi Sorry for the late reply.

Ok I will try to give detail …before I go any further I need to update my question to remove any confusion.

If I have two Queries

• Query1 with one variable
    A= 12/31/2005

• Query2 with twovariable
    A= 12/31/2004, 12/31/2005 , 12/31/2006
    C= 1,2,3,4

How can I do this “Give me Value of C when value of A in Query1=Value of A in Query2” .
So in this case I should get 2.

A in both the queries is a DATE FIELD. C is a measure (with None function applied at the object properties) … A and C are columns in one table.

The problem I am having is that WEBI probably dont know what value of A in Query2 (BECASUE it has more than one value)…

Thats why I STARTED looking into if WEBI provides us any Loop function but i could not find it and hence posted for here for help.

Please help me solve this problem …I will be much obliged

Regards
Nasir

You’re thinking of this wrong. Display all the data. But, you have to link the “A”. Then filter out the NULS.

Steve
What you meant by “But Link the A” …
Nasir

Have you linked your data providers? Seems to me they need to be linked on this particular column.

I get the feeling you really don’t kow this software very well. Please read this presentation and you’ll learn how to work with multiple data providers.

oooo, I got you by Linking you meant merging …Yes I have merged the two data providers on the Dimension A. But its still not working …I have tried this alerter option before I posted …I asked the link questions because its more of a Full client vocabulary …so I thought I might be missing something (in webi) …

Please see the attached excel sheet to get a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks a bundle for your help
Nasir
Problem.xls (24.0 KB)

Please Help

I don’t know what other help you want. If you merge the EffDt dimension, then you should then filter out the NULLS for the measures from DP1.

Put a sample of the report up here.