BusinessObjects Board

Compacting Reports

How do I compact a report? Currently it is about 14mb and I’d like to downsize it to just the report without the data. I’ve tried purging the data providers. But that didn’t work.

demeritt (BOB member since 2005-11-15)

? I’m not sure that I understand you correctly here - if you purge the data and then save the report, does the size remain the same?
Are you using 6.5.2? Many of us are experiencing problems with expanded report sizes and it’s apparently due to a bug.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

I’m trying to get the report down to just the report without the data so that it can be email to have it publish on ur corporate documents (in-house proceedures).
We are using version 5.1.4

Yes, the size remains the same after purging

That’s a nasty bug. All I can say is, :wah: !!!

Here’s hoping they’ve fixed it in XI R2 . . .

sunspot :us: (BOB member since 2003-03-12)

Did you delete any data providers from the report prior to purging them? Because I know that if you delete a provider without purging it first, that data can end up “stuck” in the report forever. That’s a known BO “bug” from a long time back.

OK, Thanks

Might have, its been awhile since I worked on it. Thanks for the update, I’ll keep it in mind for future projects. Any work around to clean the old/orphan data out?

None that I’m aware of. :frowning:

OK, Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

There is a work around:

Voila

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

You know, I forgot about that trick. :oops: But I actually did try to use that tool once, and it didn’t work for me. I think we were running 6.5 at the time, but the report itself was quite old and had started life on some earlier version of BO. I suspect the report was somehow corrupted - there’d been a lot of work done on it over the years, and it was VERY big.

In the end, I pitched it and rebuilt from scratch. :flush: