BusinessObjects Board

Command Line Schedule

Hi,
We use active batch to fire off scripts that complete out overnight database etl etc, I have been asked if there is anyway for active batch to then fire a command line/.bat/.vbs to run a webi report schedule.

Can this be done?

Cheers

Dan

danch :uk: (BOB member since 2005-06-02)

I’m not familiar with Active Batch, but I assume it can throw an empty file to a network drive somewhere. You can have an Event watch that file, and as soon as it appears, your reports start to run. This is a standard feature.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Dan,

We also use a batch controller program to control our various schedules and recently we’ve written a Java executable that uses the SDK to schedule our reports and it’s working quite nicely…could use an enhancement to check that the report has actually run successfully :?

T.

taniaw :south_africa: (BOB member since 2007-10-03)

I posted some code to do this sort of thing here.

This is VBS, but you could also write an EXE in .NET if you want as well.

murphilly (BOB member since 2005-02-23)

Hi Tania,

We used Activebatch to schedule some of our Deski reports with the parameters we needed using a Java Script. Recently we wrote a new script for our Webi reports to do the same. New Java file calls the the Webi report and generating the output, Unfortunately, it’s not coming back to the control, I’m getting the following error.

Completion Status : -805502974 (0xcffd0002)
: (%ABAT-E-FAILURE, Failure in requested operation)

But it does generate the report. Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks for the needful.

viekmac (BOB member since 2017-12-15)

[Moderator note - Duplicate post removed]

viekmac (BOB member since 2017-12-15)