BusinessObjects Board

Combining Two reports into one

Please could someone advise on this:

I have two independent Reports ‘A’ & ‘B’ querying different information from the same Database. Each one with only one prompt i.e. the Date. To save having to run them separately could I combine them into one?
I would like to avoid having to go - New Data Prvider etc. and build the report ‘B’ withn ‘A’ e.g. - from scratch. Is there a better way to join them into one? They do not need to be linked on any columns. :expressionless:

Playuser :poland: (BOB member since 2003-09-15)

I’m not sure what you want? Can’t you get all the data in one query? Is it that hard to rebuild your query?

If you want a duplicate report you could opt for “Duplicate Report” in “Edit”. If you want to rebuild a slightly different query you could opt for “Use an existing query to build a new one” when adding a table in your report. And you can (I only don’t recall which option it is… Sorry!) disable the automatic Linking of dataproviders.

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

Hi,

you can do that with this:
http://www.integrasolutions.net/isi_library_downloads_BO_vba.htm#COPYQRY

hoogkamer (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

FYI, that utility may be removed shortly, as the author is no longer supporting it. There is a newer version (tested with later versions of BusinessObjects) here in BOB’s Downloads that you might want to take a look at instead.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi, Thanks for the advice. Repdupe Add-in worked well but now it does not! ?
:nonod: :nonod:
Nothing happens when I select it. I tried the Copy Data Privider from Business Objects Downloads BusObj Utilities but this one stalls as well.
Any idea where I can get a working Add-in to do this?

Please help. ? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “stalls?” Error message? Just hangs? Have you given it plenty of time to run (complex data provider)? What BusObj version?

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi Dwayne,

Thanks for a quick reply and Sorry for not making it clearer.
I go Tools/Add-Ins and in the window I see RepDupe Ticked
and Highlighted;I hit O.K. and the Add-Ins window disappears
only to show me the report I am in.? In other words it does not progress to shiwng me the 3 window box where I can select DataPrividers and
Reports for copying.It just returns back to the same report.

Please forward any suggestions,

Thanks,

Gerard :?

First, RepDupe is not the utility posted here on on BOB.

Second, simply loading the add-in (the steps you outlined) doesn’t “run” it. I think both utilities create a menu item. The one on BOB adds a “Copy Data Provider…” item to the Data menu. Use that to run the utility.

Dwayne,

Aaaah, I get it.
All o.k now thanks,

Gerard

I can copy the Data Provider but Rep Dupe according to readme should add a “Report Duplication” to Insert Menu. It does not

Is there anything available that would allow me to duplicate the Report
parts as well?

I have “Copy Variables” and “Copy Data Providers” in Data menu but nothing for copying reports?

I haven’t used RepDupe in a long time, but I think the report copying was just another option on the ONE dialog box, not a separate function.