BusinessObjects Board

Combining Queries

Greetings! This is my first post, but I have come here for help several times before. 8) Here is my problem:

I have about a dozen reports that need to be run daily, each with a different query. However I only use 3 different universes, and I always enter the same data when I refresh. For example, I enter the start date, end date, sort times, and the facility number (I work for FedEx Ground). What I would like to do is simply move all the queries into one BusObj report, which I would only need to refresh once, saving me quite a bit of time. Do I have to re-write every query in one new report, or is there some way to copy or import my current queries into a combined report? To be clear, I don’t need to compare any of the data in BusObj, I just want it in one file that I can refresh once per day.

Thanks!

bernardvoos (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

Hi, Welcome to B:bob:B!

There is a utility provided in BOB’s Downloads that might help you out. It allows you to copy a data provider (the query) from one document to another. You might still have to copy the formatting, but you can do that with a template.

Copy Data Providers / Copy Report Variables

Perhaps that can help you out.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

This looks like the exact thing I need, but my client does not have visual basic installed. :frowning: I searched the forum and it looks like I need an administrator to set this up for me, right?

VBA by default is installed when you install the BO software on your machine. But you ask your supervisor to grant privileges to use it.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

You don’t need visual basic, you need VBA. :slight_smile: The “A” in VBA stands for Applications, and you generally get VBA features with Business Objects by default. The instructions in the download package talk about how to get it up and running, I think. Give it a shot, and if you have questions there is a link in the download topic to a specific topic for supporting that program.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

You can also check the following thread, there is a small piece of code you can use it with any MS OFFICE product to test whether VBA is installed or not?

https://bobj-board.org/t/66442

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

I definitely have VBA installed because I use it all the time in Excel and Access, but the option is greyed out in BO. (I also ran the little script and it told me the same)

What did you mean by “download package” Dave? BO was installed on my station remotely, I think, because it was here when I started my current position. Is there some way of redoing this install or simply enabling it?

Also, since I forgot to mention it earlier, I am running 6.5.1 on XP SP2.