BusinessObjects Board

Combined Count Calculation (%)

I’m not sure if this is possible in BO Webi however i wish to do a calculation of 2 counts from 2 different date measures.

Example:

I have a count of a Unique Reference variable.

Table 1 is a Count of Unique Reference for all New Items received by date received (month)
Table 2 is a Count of Unique Reference for all Items disposed by date disposed (month)

I need to calculate the variance between the 2. In excel this would be simple…

Table Header = Month names
Row 1 = Count of received in month
Row 2 = Count of disposed in month
Row 3 = Row 2/Row 1 as a percentage

example

In January we received 100 unique items but disposed of 20 in the same month, this would provide a 20% variance.

Is it possible to do this is Webi?

TIA

Hi, Yes this is possible, you will first need to create a merged dimension for the dimensions that are being used in the visualization (i.e. Month).

You are then allowed to show both measures in one table or graph in the report. (first test if you did the merged dimensions correctly)

Then you can create a variable that calculates the variance between the 2 measures.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.

The issue I had here is that the 2 date dimensions are formatted dd/MM/yyyy. One is called Date Received and the other Date Disposed. Then 1 measure object counting the unique reference.

I’ve now created another query to enable the merge of the date objects and also created a secondary count of the unique reference and with a little fettling I’ve manage to get it to work. Just need to remember to use the right objects from the relevant queries in the rest of the report.

Cheers :+1:

1 Like