BusinessObjects Board

Class names for Objects in Webi Dataprovider

Hi,

I am working on a automation code, which should list all dataproviders in a given webi report, all objects within the dataprovider, including class name they belong to (to avoid confusion between two similarly named objects in different classes)

I am able to work out first two items using report engine SDK and ASP .NET (VB) Code, but I am not able to find any reference for the last item i.e. Class name of the objects selected in dataprovider. :hb:

One can see this information when you hover mouse over the objects in dataprovider. But I could not find any programatic refernce to this information. :roll_eyes:

I am also looking for syntax that would get me SQL of the dataprovider.

Appreciate any help with this regards.

Thanks,
Harshal

smahesha (BOB member since 2011-06-23)

we acheived this by first documenting all of the universes (loading all objects/classes/select statements…etc into a database). Once the universes were loaded, our code would simply call a procedure from (in our case, java) passing in the object name and universe as parameters, this procedure would query the information in our database and return the class name, object type…etc which we could then use for our documentation.

jresendez :mexico: (BOB member since 2004-05-03)

Can you please tell me how did you achieve this, I’m wondering, how this can be achieved through Java SDK, as I’m looking for same solution. What version are you using?

Thanks
GK

mgggkn (BOB member since 2011-07-14)

Are you referring to information on how to extract universe information or how to document a report?(or both?)
Keep in mind that the java code would only apply to documenting webi reports.

Yes, I am referring both,

Thanks

See Dwayne’s post here for info on how to document the universe. This is basically the same thing that i am doing, only where he writes to the spreadsheet, i substituted the code out and write to a database instead. I was trying to figure out how to post my actual code, but I do way more than what you might be looking for (compare version numbers, write audit records…etc) so I’m afraid that it might confuse more than help.

I’ll dig up my java code on the documentation of the webi reports and post it as soon as i track it down.

Thank you so much, I’ll look into that thread and trying to understand, if I get anything out of it.