BusinessObjects Board

Character restriction when creating New Row Restriction

I have encountered the problem of reaching the maximum character limit of 275 characters when attempting to create the New Row Restriction-Where Clause that I need to meet the needs of one of my users. The user has requested that I apply the user access against three different objects. They have put forward a list of the group of access levels that they wish access to be restricted to. I.e. Pay Division 50, Group Code 01, Pay Point (01,02,03,05,08,09.AB, AC, AE, DR, LP etc). Because there are a number of different Pay Divisions, numerous Group Codes and Pay Points (for example the 01 Group Code may be found in all ten of the Pay Divisions and dozens of the Pay Points within one particular Group Code may be found within other Group Codes). So basically these Group Codes and Pay Points are only unique when attached to a specific Pay Division or Group Code, hence I need to apply both the AND and OR Operators in order to restrict access to specific Pay Points within specific Group Codes within specific Pay Divisions.

I would appreciate any advice or solutions that other members may deem applicable.

Many thanks

cas01 (BOB member since 2006-08-01)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B:

Yes we all know that, and we have a neat solution for you… for applying ROW LEVEL RESTRICTIONS…

Download this presentation HERE , you will have a solution.

Hope that helps…

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)