BusinessObjects Board

changing the server

Hi all,

I have to install businness objects in another server. I am wondering, how to export there the configuration (users, universes…).
The problem is, I do not have another server to try this, so I would like to know if maybe I could do this just by copying to the new server the bomain.key file, and changing all the database and address related parameters, as well as to copy all the universes and so on.

This is because I have to configurate BO in the client office, in one of their servers, and I would like to design universes and reports at my place.

Thanks!

dojo23 (BOB member since 2004-10-29)

dojo, I’d like to suggest you try a Search, perhaps with keywords migrate repository, to see where this has been discussed before.

Here is one topic where some considerations have been discussed.

The biggest thing to remember is that you’ll need to recreate the BOMain.key for their security domain and connection, and then immediately log into supervisor there and change the connections for the document and universe domains – else, when one logs into their security domain, they’d instead be connecting to your original universe and document domains.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)