BusinessObjects Board

Changing the Data Source of Multiple Reports

Dear All,

I have a couple of hundred reports that are currently running off a particular universe, however we have an upgraded version of this universe which has been provided by a third party supplier. We want to be able to change the data source of the reports from one to the other. I know how to do this manually, however due to the number of reports involved is anyone aware of a way of doing this that doesn’t involve opening each report and editing the queries data source manually?

Many Thanks (In Advance)

Mark

BurgumM (BOB member since 2013-05-31)

You don’t mention which tool you are using. Nevertheless, look in Bob’s Downloads to see if there is a tool in there which can help you.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Sorry I should have said these reports are Webi Based

[Moderator note - moved to the WebI forum]
That probably reduces your chances, but there is a tool in that forum that does this…its just that it is probably for Deski - I don’t know.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks Nick,
I’ll have a look anyway and see what it does

All the Best

Mark

Hi Mark,

What version are you running. I believe there is a “consultancy” solution that is available from SAP, but I believe this is for 4.0 only. The one in downloads is fro Deski only, as far as I’m aware.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

We’re currently running on XI3.1 Version 6.8 at the moment

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Could you concretely point at any good solutions?

Found it: Change Source Universe for Multiple Documents

Thanks

thirei :sweden: (BOB member since 2011-05-11)

Hi,

If both universes(from and to) are having same objects, then we can use SDK code to change.

sundar4bizz :india: (BOB member since 2013-12-24)