BusinessObjects Board

changing repository

Our repository is currently part of our datawarehouse db. Don’t ask… I didn’t set it up. We are in the process of adding another company onto BO. And that will be a seperate db. I figured while we were cleaning up I should go ahead and make the repository its own db. Here’s what I was thinking is needed. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Create a new db call it say repository. Copy all the tables from he current db PBDSS that are repository tables(obj* and unv*) to the new db repository. In Supervisor go into the repository both the document and the universe and modify it to point to the new repository db. Create the new bomain keys.

I’m sure I’m missing something. Does this sound reasonable to you?

Stacy Woodring (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

You have it exactly right. That’s all you need to do.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

As long as you are still in the same DBMS you are fine. I have done it several times.

You will need to do a safe recovery with the original General Supervisor going into Supervisor to create the new BOMain.key. You probably already knew about that, but I added it for anyone else doing this in the future.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

yep all databases are on sql server 2000. Yep good point about safe recovery. I did know that just left that part out.

Stacy Woodring (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Don’t forget to check the FAQ 8) .

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)