BusinessObjects Board

change owner of a report

Hello,
How can I change the owner of a report?
I tried it by modifying the report with another user and then do a save as, but that didn’t change it.

Anyone knows what happens when you delete a user that owns reports?

Working on XI R2

thanks,
Meutte

meutte :belgium: (BOB member since 2007-12-06)

Hi,

Then the Administrator user will become the owner of the report.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

The only way to change a report is programmatically. Click on this link which discusses how to go about this.

When you delete a user who was once owner of an object, the new object owner becomes Administrator.

Hope this helps

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

Looks like Marek beat me to the punch by a few secs on this one ;> But since we’re both right, it makes no difference.

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

Does this work the same way if we use Windows NT authentication method?

Our situation is that we implemented single sign-on using WinNT userIDs. When someone leaves the company, the account get deactivated so BO can no longer authenticate (even though the reports can still be accessed and executed). The reports owned by that user may be in a personal or public folder, is scheduled to run regularly and be distributed to a wide audience.

I don’t have the password to the FTP site so I don’t want to have to reschedule the reports. If ownership transfers to Administrator and the recurring instances still work, it’ll be great. Can someone confirm for me? Many thanks!

bluesky :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

Just want to follow up on my own question…It DOES work for WinNT single sign-on accts, too.

bluesky :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-02)