BusinessObjects Board

Change of Universe in Report Designer using Business Object

I designed a report using Business object tool as rep format. I want to change the universe name for that report. I did not find any option in Business Object tool. Is it possible?

Patra

patra_bt2004 (BOB member since 2004-03-01)

Patra,

I am not sure about what you are trying to do…
If I understand correctly, you have created a report in Reporter based on a universe X and now you want to change the Universe it is reporting on?
If that it the case then in reporter you will need to click on the Cube and for each of the queries you want to change click on Definition Tab. In there you will see a button next to universe which when clicked will bring you the list of all the available universes…

I hope this answers your question…

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Don’t forget to check the FAQ. This is a very common question and the answer is here.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Hi Masse,

U r correct …
My query is I have created a report in Reporter based on a universe X and now I want to change the Universe X to Universer Y for the same report. How can I do that? In the tool I am able to see all the Universe available in the repository but How can I change universe X to Universe Y for that same report.

Actually all classes, objects, etc in the universe X and universe Y are same only name changed X to Y.

I think right I made u clear what I need. So any solution…

Thanks a lot Cindy… I got it…