BusinessObjects Board

Change CHARSET for report properties

Hi all !

I’m facing some trouble there and would like your expert advice… I’m (well not me personnaly) using a web application to enter data in an Oracle database, which I cannot tune, using CHARSET windows-1252. This is not a problem as to enter the data or display it, only modifying charset spec in the html pages. The problem comes when I try to display that data in WebI 2.7.4 reports. I just cannot make it to the parameter which would allow me to change the CHARSET to windows-1252…:cry:

Anybody got a clue ? :crazy_face:

LePetitPrince :fr: (BOB member since 2004-12-31)

Hi there,
Did u get nay solution to this. I’m facing a similar problem.
When i get the report from BO Server, in the view source i see the following header:

Report1

My requirement is to have the value of charset = windows-1250.

Where all should i make changes so that the server returns my required value.

TIA,
-Anand

AnandVC (BOB member since 2004-08-12)

No sorry, didn’t get any solution for this issue… An expert here suggested that WebI uses the platform locale settings, but didn’t get a chance to try it… Maybe that would help. Let me know so that it spares me the time to test.

LePetitPrince :fr: (BOB member since 2004-12-31)

Hi,
Finally with Locale set to Polish and Central European as default, having the system with appro. language Pack, the tags in HTML now do contain charset = windows-1250 and we r able to see all polish charactes.
Also, for these reports called as HTML from JSP, we make sure that each file(application page) carries encoding to UTF-8.

These all settings have finally gone all well with BO61b. :smiley:

Another part of the story…with the same settings across, BO651 still does not come with required charset of windows-1250 :frowning: but is still carries charset = ISO-8859-1 :cuss:

regards,
-Anand

AnandVC (BOB member since 2004-08-12)

Hi,

You must use the same charset for ORA client as your database does.
You can set the NLS_LANG like a environment variable on your Webi server.

Otherwhise, go check in the registry that Business Objects is using the same language that Webi server does !

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
BUSINESS OBJECTS etc…

Cheers,
:idea:

bogdan agape :fr: (BOB member since 2004-09-08)