BusinessObjects Board

Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)

Anyone out there who have attempted or completed CBIP exam, if so could you please provide me some info regarding:

Examination schedule
Whom to contact ?
Is it online?
List of examination canters out side US (particularly NZ/ Australia)?

Any other useful information will be highly appreciated

murali :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Hi,

is this a new qualification? I did my training back in the Jurassic, including Report Writing, Supervisor, Designer, Universe design, and ending up as a Certified Business Objects Architect. This was in the UK, when dinosaurs roamed the place. (Come to think of, given some of the installations I’ve worked at recently, they still do :lol:)

Best,
Donna

donnapkelly :uk: (BOB member since 2005-02-12)

A quick Google search came up with this:
http://www.tdwi.org/Certification/CBIP/index.aspx

TDWI is a very reputable organization, but I don’t know if they have any subsidiary in Australia. The web site has contact information. You can ask them for more detailed information.

But once again, I hope you are seeking certification simply for your our personal feat and professional enhancement, and not to view it as a ticket to employment. No hiring manager with a brain will hire a certified person who has no actual working experience.

Hope this helps.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Hi substring,
Thanks for your response

But once again, I hope you are seeking certification simply for your our personal feat and professional enhancement, and not to view it as a ticket to employment. No hiring manager with a brain will hire a certified person who has no actual working experience. 

It is purely for my personal interest, if you talk about experience – I have been working in this area for about 5 years.
The reason for asking you guys is to get some feedback on this exam, I know
this
website, and also contacted Jennifer Hay ,Educational Services Coordinator TDWI, I couldn’t get any response. I’m not sure whether this exam confined to US/Canada.

murali :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

From my past experience, TDWI is slow in responding email if that’s what you used to contact them. I guess they receive hundreds of emails everyday. Maybe you can call them.

I didn’t take the CBIP certification, so I cannot give you feedback. But my observaton is that it is not popular in the US. So far I have only seen one hiring company requested such certification. Most people don’t even know what it stands for.

Hope this helps.

Hi Murali,

I did some digging, and as far as I can see, it is limited to US and Canada. There are some ‘affiliates’ in places like Mumbai, but it does not seem as though these include accredited testing centers.

Regards,
Donna

Hi Donna,

I actually wanted to do the same certification “Certified Business Objects Architect” and at present Iam in UK.

Can you pls guide me with the things. Do the company carrying out this certification have any branches in Mumbai (Bombay- India)?

TIA,
Sagar Ghamandi.

sagarghamandi (BOB member since 2004-08-26)

Have you contacted their office at Mumbai? They should be able to tell you.

Hi Sagar,

Just to clarify, the Certified Business Objects Architect was from Business Objects itself (for me, in Maidenhead, UK). This CBIP seems to be from TDWI, which as far as I know, limited to US/Canada.

Business Objects does appear to have an affiliate in Mumbai. Here is the URL for Business Objects c/o Sunteck Centrako in Bandra:

Best wishes,
Donna

Thanks Donna!!

This was very helpful of you and I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards,
Sagar.

sagarghamandi (BOB member since 2004-08-26)

Hi BoB Enthusiast

Did any of you taken CORE EXAM of CBIP certification from TDWI. If yes, can someone shed some light on what are good reference materials or resources for preparation?

Thanks in advance

SeanBoB

SeanBob :us: (BOB member since 2004-05-03)

Sorry, but I’m going to go ahead and lock this topic. There’s a sticky at the top of the General Discussion forum for discussing the certification exams. We probably added it after this and other discussions were being opened.

So, continue your discussion there: BusinessObjects Certification Exams

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)