BusinessObjects Board

Case When issue

Hi folks,
I’m a total newbie when it comes to work with Universe designer.

I have a problem related to one of my other questions.
https://bobj-board.org/t/186675

Short summarize: I want to divide the sale of one product group and sum it into two other groups.

Well, now I have tried to do the calculation in Universe instead (can’t do it in the ETL since it would impact other reports). What I have done so far is that I created two objects, first one where I calculated 40% of the sale and the other one 60%, of the same product (let’s call it A), using Case-When. That works great in the infoview report.

In the third object I want these two previous values to be sum together with two other product groups. I used another Case-When function here;

CASE
WHEN EDW_Mart.dbo.DIM_Article.Groupnumber =B
THEN EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_Order.Sales + @Select(Balance\Sales (Kg.) Group B)
WHEN EDW_Mart.dbo.DIM_Article.Groupnumber =C
THEN EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_ORDRE.KVANTUM + @Select(Balance\Sales (Kg.) Group C)
else EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_Order.Sales
END

i.e. I want to sum the normal sale in Kg for B and C + the 40 & 60% from product A to show up in the Infoview report. The report is of course constructed so that the sales will be sorted per product group.
What happens is that B and C instead comes with the normal value x2. Have I done something wrong with the Case - When? Can I solve it in another way?

cheers,

Bikern (BOB member since 2011-01-10)

Bikern,

Do you have a join from DIM_Article to FAK_Order? It seems like it is joining on Groupnumber.

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

To start with %'s are best calculated on the report, as a SQL % is only correct at run time, i.e. if you slice and dice the data the % will not recalculate.

As for your Case statement you have no aggregation set in the SQL, so it looks like the results are not getting aggregated.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Normally, yes. But, since I want to slice the result from one group and add it to two other groups I get problem since I need to sort the table on product group.

You said that I didn’t seem to have an aggregate function, do you then think about sum()? I tried that too, without the desired result…

regards,

Yes, I meant wrapping the Case in a sum, like so:-

Sum(CASE 
WHEN EDW_Mart.dbo.DIM_Article.Groupnumber =B 
THEN EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_Order.Sales + @Select(Balance\Sales (Kg.) Group B) 
WHEN EDW_Mart.dbo.DIM_Article.Groupnumber =C 
THEN EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_ORDRE.KVANTUM + @Select(Balance\Sales (Kg.) Group C) 
else EDW_Mart.dbo.FAK_Order.Sales 
END) 

Thx, but isn’t the SUM() function as you describes it having the same function as when I enter the object for editing. Then I go to the “Properties” tab, selecting the qualification as Measure and where it says “Choose how this measure will be projected when aggregated:” I choose “Sum”?

Sorry for my newbie questions, I’m pretty new into working with Universe designer.

No problem :).

Please read the links in this post to understand SQL and Projected aggregation:
https://bobj-board.org/t/154737