BusinessObjects Board

Cascading with custom LOvs

Hi all,

i have requirement which is as follows:

in the prompt screen the user will be prompted to choose either of the report period

1. NAM Fiscal Calendar
    2 Custom Time Period

When NAM fiscal calendar is selected then again weekly,monthly,quarterly should be listed.

this is some thing like cascading prompt.

My doubt is, here NAM Fiscal Calendar , Custom Time Period, weekly , monthly , quarterly are some custom values. they are not present in any table.column in the database.

With the custom LOVs how can we do cascading…

Please explain me how to bring the custom values and implement the cascading in the universe.

If you need further explanation please revert…

Thanks in advance

breeze_08 (BOB member since 2008-04-03)

The LOVs are used just to pass the values to a prompt, be it custom LOVs or from the database.
You can then associate it with the desired prompt objects created in your universe and do a cascading effect on it

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi

i have created two prompts which will have custom LOVs that does not refer to any table.

i dont know how to cascade them.

i tried the method of cascading of two objects(for which the LOVs are from database itself) but i couldnt achieve the desired result.

Please help me how to acheive cascading

It should work like this.

when i select ‘Fiscal Calendar’ in the first prompt then in the second prompt it sholuld display ‘Daily’ and ‘Weekly’

Please find the attachemnt of two objects that i have created.

if the steps that i have followed is wrong then please explain me step by step…

thanks in advance
Prompt2.JPG
Prompt1.JPG

breeze_08 (BOB member since 2008-04-03)

Have you read about cascading prompts in the semantic layer FAQ.
Doing a simulated test in eFashion universe should give you an idea on how it works.
Then try to enhance it to suit your requirement

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)