BusinessObjects Board

Cascading prompts

Hi,

How to create cascading prompts in webi. I have seen almost all the links in BOB, but not able to find the correct way. Can someone help me?

rinky (BOB member since 2005-02-28)

Hi Rinky,

BO doesnt have cascading prompt but we do have a workaround which you need to do in the Universe. But there are a few things which are undesirable that we have to live with.

Eg :
Lets consider the eFashion universe. Suppose you need these prompts in your report : State and City. The LOVs for the prompt’City’ should be based on the selections made in ‘State’.

Goto the ‘object properties’ of ‘City’ and click on the ‘edit’ button in the ‘properties’ tab. Drag and drop the 'state object in the conditions pane. Create a prompt out of it (please look into the attached screen shot)

When the report runs and you select the value for the ‘state’ prompt from its LOV and then when you select the value for the ‘City’ prompt, the ‘state’ prompt comes up again (which is undesirable from a user point of view, even more when there are more prompts). The user needs to remember the value that he selected for the ‘state’ and select it once again.

Let me know if you got my point right.
Casc Prompt.zip (16.0 KB)

chandrk :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-02)

Hi Rinky,

I assume that the cascading prompts worked :?:

Regards

chandrk :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-02)

rinky – if you’d done a search on the keywords in your topic ( Cascading prompts ), you could have avoided asking a repeatedly-asked question. You could have found the answer in our [b]Designer FAQ /b right here.

Please do remember to search first. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)