BusinessObjects Board

Cascading Prompt with "All" option

Is it possible to apply optional cascading prompt in BOXIR3?

abhishekpatnaik (BOB member since 2006-02-15)

I dont think optional prompts in BO XI3.1 are applicable to cascading prompts
You can check it yourself though

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Elaborating my requirement…It is like user will select a value in the first prompt and next level of prompt will be optional. Say i have Country State and City as cascading prompts. User can select either a particular country or can select ‘All’ option (as LOV) in it. Now based on that value (Country) corresponding state and city LOV will be there. User can select a particular Country a State and a City or he can select only Country and the report will generate for all State and City in that country. I don’t want user to select ‘All’ option (as LOV) in State and City. This option will only be present at Country LOV only . But usually user is going to select atleast one Country so it would be better if we can make the rest of the prompts(State and City) optional. How do i achieve this??? One more thing how do i have ‘All’ as an option in the Country LOV???

abhishekpatnaik (BOB member since 2006-02-15)

If you try creating a simple prompt condition in universe using the syntax for optional prompts, it will neither parse nor work in webI
The optional prompts functionality can only be created directly in webI and so having optional prompts in cascading LOV becomes a far cry

For more on cascading prompts and the ‘All’ keyword to appear in an LOV, read the semantic layer FAQ on cascading prompts

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)