BusinessObjects Board

canwe add *ALL*value in runtimeprompt in ZABOreportlevel?wi

Hi,
Can we add ALL value to runtime prompt inlist values?

I have an object Country it contains different country name. i want to add *ALL* value to in that list.Is it possible in ZABO Report level?

Please suggest me
Thanks&Regards,
David :o

davidcooperco (BOB member since 2007-05-16)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B

You cannot do that at report level (ZABO or FC) unless personal data is used for list of values and not corporate data (that is from Tools->Universes->List of Values).

[Edit] By using corporate data (query panel) (Tools->Universes->List of Values) and clicking on edit for the country object, the SQL can be modified to add a union all clause (select ‘ALL’), tick on do not generate SQL before running’.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Designer FAQ Entries that might help:

Is there any way to set up a prompt that will allow a user to select one value, many values, or type ‘ALL’ for all values in a list?

Now that my LOV lets me use ALL for all values, how do I get the ALL in the list?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

If you do not have access to universe and cannot add the ‘ALL’ functionality in the where clause of report SQL (pointed out by Dave in the above links), it can be done in report level by creating an object ‘ALL’ with the help of user objects in query panel.
But note that these UDO (user defined objects) will be local to your machine only.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)