BusinessObjects Board

can't see the password option

I am using webi 2.7. My problem is when if i click on the option then i should see the password option but i am not able to see. Any body knows how to set it?

—Alex

alex555 (BOB member since 2005-06-14)

offhand, I’d suggest that maybe you don’t have right to change password as set in Supervisor

scott copeland (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks for your help. But can i check in supervisor? If yes could you please tell me how to do that?

—alex

There are actually two things that should be synchronized to either allow or disallow – and you may be “out of sync” on one or the other in Supervisor. I give first the option that should be available if you allow the password to change – and then in parentheses the option that should be available if you want to prohibit such a change.

1.) Double-click the userid to look at your User Properties

Has the “Enable Password Modification” been selected (or de-selected)? (Then close that panel.)

2.) Then, for that userid, go to the Configuration tab. Right-click the WebIntelligence Module and select Properties.

Open the Options folder. Has the “Change Password” been correspondingly Enabled (or Disabled)?

You might ask – why would you want to prohibit a user from changing the BusinessObjects password? If you are using the BOUSER/BOPASS in your database connection – then the password needs to be kept in sync with the database password for that user – so you might then not allow them to change it.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Everything is enabled as you said to check me. But i am not able to see the password option. Any other idea please?

—alex

Has somebody customized your WebI portal? Perhaps they changed the options page?

Only with my password i can’t see. I have user profile as user. but another user same as me he can see password option. i am confused.

please help/

–alex

Are you defined in multiple groups? Take a look at this entry from our FAQ:Supervisor – perhaps you don’t have a right in a second group, and are losing the right because of the Most-Restrictive rule for permissions.