BusinessObjects Board

Can't filter on Max(date)

Hi
Ok…brief outline I wish to filter my values in my chart on the max date from the DP.

So far …

created variable =max() forall : variable name ‘vMaxDate’

created another variable =if ( = ) then “Y” else “N” : vMaxDateBoolean

unable to use the vMaxDateBoolean in my chart filters as the variable is being saved as a measure… any ideas

cheers everyone

version 6.5.1

andrewlines :uk: (BOB member since 2006-07-04)

Thats for the simple reason that aggregates like sum, max, min are not allowed in filters.
Create the max date object in universe and use it in the report filter.

hyder

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks … realise this can be achieved in the universe though didn’t want to add a new object just for one report … therefore hoping for a workaround at the report level

andrewlines :uk: (BOB member since 2006-07-04)

Dave Rathbun previously gave an explanation for this.

This question comes up so regularly that I just added to the top of the list of Reporter FAQs – although the answer will be at the bottom.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Try creating a correlated subquery at the report level… I have always used this feature to avoid problems… at the report level.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Andrew,

Instead of using Y and N, have you considered using 1 and 0 and applying a ranking to it (apologies if that’s what was suggested in the link Anita posted, but equally it will save others multi-clicking through many threads. :wink: ). Rank on the top 1 and you will just have your max dates.

Regards,
Mark